Are you over being on the lose weight roller coaster? How does being overweight make you feel? Do you feel ashamed, guilty, embarrassed, angry, frustrated, lonely? How is your body language? Do you stand tall, do you care what others think or might be saying? You have tried all the fad diets, you may have even tried Weight Watchers, Herbalife or Jenny Craig but have still failed to get the weight off your body.
Ok, so I am going to ask you a very simple question here: How do you loose weight? The answer, in its most basic form is to eat less and exercise more.
Yet so many of us still struggle to loose weight.
In the answer above there is one more component that needs to be added and that is your mindset. The way you think is how you are the way you are in all areas of your life, not just with your weight. Our mind is chatting to us 24/7 it never shuts up. It gives us the good, the bad and the ugly. Do you know what we generally listen to – the bad and the ugly. When we focus on the bad and the ugly more bad and ugly show up. You just can’t seem to get rid of it – have you ever noticed that? But have you ever also noticed that when you are focused on those good, positive thoughts, everything flows smoothly. You barely have to think about what you need to do things just kind of happen. The more you focus on the good stuff the more good stuff you do. You start to take care of your health and well-being, you start to become aware of the world around you once more and things are happy. This is the place where we need to practise being in more often.
Here is a simple exercise to do when things feel like they are a little out of hand
- Stop and sit down if you can, you can’t do this while you are driving.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Focus on your breath. Nice, deep and even. Feel your body start to relax. Keep focusing on your breath, letting everything else go.
- Let all the stress and tension go, all the worry, it no longer serves you, release it now on your next breath out … breath in and out.
- Do this for a minute or two or longer if you have time.
- When you are ready to come back, start to wriggle your fingers and your toes, have a big stretch and say thank you.
Notice how you feel. Do you feel more connected with yourself, able to take on the world a little more. You can do this exercise as often as you like. Become aware of the changes in yourself and your environment the more often you do this exercise.
Would you like more simple ways to help combat the Mindset challenge? Sign up to my 6 week Virtual Training program starting on the 28th May 2012
- By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Create your life filled with Love, Peace and Joy (What do you really want in your life)
- Love, Honour and Cherish your Self (The Importance and the mechanics of Self Love and how to do it)
- Release anything that causes you pain, upset, hurt, frustration (releasing the pain and how to do it)
- Create empowering new beliefs to enable you to move forward (Creating your future, the new you)
- Return to your natural state of peace in any given moment(Reclaiming peace)